Wednesday, December 18, 2013

What's Next?

I have only one sock left to finish before officially finishing my holiday knitting! I would have been done sooner but had to rework the infamous Purdue socks , for my son, because I missed judged just how big his foot/ankle is. Dang that's a big foot! I expect to finish by by the weekend, just in time for Christmas. After that I will be working I a pair of socks that my husband has been so patiently waiting for as well as another pair for a friend of ours that absolutely loved the first pair I gave him, as a thank you for all the beautiful garden life he has given to me; several rose bushes, pinkie winkie hydrangea bush, 100+ daffodil bulbs of several varieties, variegated sedum, several types of lilies-new to my garden and so much more.
Through him, I am planning on enrolling in the Master Gardener Certification program so that I can work along side him volunteering with a local facility that employes adults with special needs. I have had previous employment in this field and find I do miss it. Watching the confidence emerge and grow in an individual is truly an experience that has been rewarding and enlightening for me. Really, who doesn't need that!
But in the meantime, after these few pairs of socks are completed, do I pick up a work in progress that was set aside for all the holiday knitting and crafting or start something new?
Decisions, decisions, decisions!



I have been busy expanding my Paleo knowledge and have enjoyed ALL the new recipes I have tried and now that my daughter is home from school for the holidays, I plan on trying some new baking recipes. She is the baker in the family so I would be the fool not to take advantage of her time while she is in town.
Here is a wonderful Paleo filling that I used as a filling in flattened, rolled chicken breasts. The filling has 3 ingredients, simple right!
1/4 cup raw cashews ( pecans and almonds taste great as well)
1 cup mixed greens, I used spinach
1/4 sweet onion
Blend together, food processor, hand blender or whatever works for you.
(I didn't blend until smooth, left a little crunch to the cashews)

I then spread a thin layer of the filling onto flattened chicken breasts, rolled up, secured with tooth picks and baked at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until done-ovens vary. I lined the cookie sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up and viola, yummy and healthy!
Hope everyone enjoys a wonderful holiday season with family, friends and some good eats!
Come back and visit soon,
CeCe

No comments:

Post a Comment