Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Looking Forward to Next Year

 

Saying goodbye to 2013 is approaching quickly. The mere fact that I have another year under my belt, this side of the dirt is reason enough for me to celebrate. Don't get me wrong, 2013 was rough. Many beloved people, both famous and only famous to me have passed. The economy still is gasping for air, too many people are jobless, more people than ever in our history suffer from hunger and of course the politicians continue to put themselves before the people they were elected to represent.
I will not go on a soapbox but, I can promise that I will contribute to society in a positive manner and make the world a better place in 2014. 
Here's a simple yet effective method that has proven to be successful over and over:
PAY IT FORWARD
Smile more, remember to say please and thank you, help someone in need and respect all that is around you. A simple gesture such as offering to return a grocery cart for an elderly person or a parent with little ones could brighten a day. Helping your neighbor shovel the dreaded plow lump could save a life. You get the idea!
My New Years Resolutions for 2014:


  • Donate a greater number of my hand knit hats, gloves and scarves
  • Drop off additional food to my local food pantry
  • volunteer
  • Help my neighbors
  • Recycle, reuse, repurpose
  • Be kind to myself and others
  • Be thankful for what I have: A wonderful and supportive family, a roof over head and food on my table.
Please join me and make 2014 better year and Pay it Forward!
Thanks for stopping by,
CeCe


No comments:

Post a Comment