Monday, November 4, 2013

Learning to blog

Hi, I am CeCe,
As passionate knitter and gardener, I have been reading blogs for a long time before I decided to make an attempt. Gone are the fears I won't have any followers, gone are the worries I won't have any supportive comments and here is my first blog.
Okay so maybe those things aren't completely gone but they are definitely not staring me down. I am not sure if it's the cooler weather that gets me motivated or that my routine finally is in sync after a fun-filled, action packed summer, but whatever the reason, bring it on!
Fall is my favorite time of year. The colors are brilliant and showy in my gardens and have swayed me to begin knitting for winter: hats, mittens, scarves and socks! I swear living in the Midwest, one can never have enough  layers to keep warm. There will be several items made for local charities as well.
I have been on a sock jag and have completed 6 pairs for Christmas gifts and barely made a dent in my sock yarn stash. Can you say addicted?! I'm working on a pair now, also a gift, before I start on a pair for my daughter and my son. My daughter has picked her yarn from my stock but I will be surprising my son with socks  in his school colors, black and gold. I had a vey difficult time finding sock yarn in gold so I had to punt and selected a color closer to Dijon mustard!  I think his fellow boil makers won't mind.
It will be nice to start knitting with thicker yarn and bigger needles! I recently purchased interchangeable needles from Knit Picks and haven't had a "good" knit with them yet. I will say  I have been very happy with their DPN's, it made all those pairs of socks much easier to complete. Of course I can't say enough about their yarn. I have loved every flavor of fiber I ordered from them and bonus, shipping was quick, reasonable or free if my order was over $50.00 (really, is there such things as an order under $50.00).
I wish I knew how to post pictures, too new. I will eventually figure it out but until then happy knitting.
CeCe